This course explores classic and contemporary theories of learning and their relationship and applications in Educational Technology.
The Learning Objectives are:
- Compare and Contrast notions of past, present and future theories of educational technology
- Distinguish between the theoretical positions that underlie current approaches to educational technology
- Define and identify epistemological principles
- Identify major theoretical schools of thought
- Differentiate between epistemological beliefs and theoretical schools of thought
- Describe and account for the origins of major theories and their influence on educational technology
- Show how perceptions and approaches to educational technology have been influenced by prevailing educational theories
- Explain how systematic approaches to educational technology differ from traditional classroom-based approaches to teaching
- Contextualize emerging theories of learning within the framework of advancing technological innovations
- Apply educational technology theories to practical development contexts
This class should be interesting and give me a more broadened view of the theories put into practice in my classroom and give me some ideas of perhaps some different approaches to try.