The class explores collaborative and emergent pedagogies, tools, and theory related to the use of social networks in learning environments.
The Learning Objectives are:
- Use a Personal Learning Network and explain its value in educational settings
- Understand the value of web-based social networks within educational settings
- Identify learning theories and research-based practices that support current approaches to effective use of social network technologies for learning
- Analyze strengths and weaknesses of various social network technologies for a variety of learning goals
- Contribute to social learning networks using a variety of media and communication mechanisms
- Identify factors with successful social networks and create a social learning network address these factors
I am excited for this course as I currently use Google Sites for my own classroom website and look forward to learning about new ways to incorporate and use social networks in my classroom and professional development.