This course is meant to help student critically analyze and improve their writing styles to align with online writing standards. The course will also use the technical writing skills as a foundation for learning about writing grants.
The Course Objectives are:
- Demonstrate an appreciation for and ability to recognize and produce good writing and design; recognizing technical writing as a craft
- Develop a fundamental technology-related project and secure needed data and background information, design a proposal to help fund the project including identifying appropriate technologies for learning situations, identifying needs, writing goals, objectives, using a planning process to develop and implement the project, preparing and justifying a budget to support the project and developing formative and summative evaluation strategies
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge required to prepare printed online documents, including the key steps in the process; identifying audience needs, planning, developing, organizing, drafting, revising, and graphically enhancing online documentation
- Apply skills of revision, editing, proofreading and verifying information to the process of developing printed and online documents
- Recognize and apply the principles that differentiate writing for documentation from writing for print
- Recognize and apply the principles of global communication, including nonsexist language, unbiased language, and a multicultural perspective; adhering to all copyright and fair use guidelines
I am excited about this course because I am hoping to use the technical writing skills I acquire to find more grant opportunities and acquire the ability to pursue them.