This class explores strategies for planning and implementing technology integration at an organizational level, including examination of larger scale professional development models. The course focuses on developing skills for taking a leadership role in district technology use planning, implementation, and assessment.
The Course Objectives are:
- Examine the leadership role of the technology director
- Analyze, evaluate and become familiar with a district’s technology plan by articulating the vision, goals and objectives
- Develop the skills and knowledge to support data-driven decision making to improve instruction
- Recognize and discuss issues regarding digital equality in the classroom
- Collaboratively construct a software rubric
- Plan and design a staff development workshop that encourages teachers to integrate technology into the classroom to improve student learning
I am excited about planning a professional development activity for this course, as I am most excited about the prospect of being able to share valuable technologies with other teachers.